so much love and respect and admiration for young feminists. teenage feminists that are learning and sharing their knowledge and speaking up. that takes a kind of courage i never had as a teenager. it’s already scary as fuck being a teenage girl and when you add feminism to the mix, like…god. you girls are so badass i love all of you
which way does a cyclops wing their eyeliner
tumblr user greenhoused is asking the real questions
It doesn’t matter, because Nobody is going to criticize their makeup.
WAS THAT A MOTHER FRACKING ODYSSEY PUN
This makes me so sad
when someone calls a white person “cracker”
A vertical forest is expected to be completed this year in Milan. There are two tower apartment complexes which contain a total of 400 residential units. The facade of the buildings will be covered with 730 trees, 5,000 shrubs, and 11,000 perennial plants. It is expected to have the same ecological impact as 10,000 square meters of forest.
Aside from fighting smog and producing oxygen, the foliage is expected to provide insulation to the residential units.
Yes. This is how cities should be. Green the cities as one of several steps in making them more habitable, and build up and not out, so that we can free up more lateral space for wildlife again.
The answer is NO.
The “fact” that junk food is cheaper than real food has become a reflexive part of how we explain why so many Americans are overweight, particularly those with lower incomes. I frequently read confident statements like, “when a bag of chips is cheaper than a head of broccoli …” or “it’s more affordable to feed a family of four at McDonald’s than to cook a healthy meal for them at home.”
this bullshit fills me with a very specific kind of rage. so, TIME TO DEBUNK!
- that meal from mcdonalds takes virtually no time to acquire AND is available almost anywhere.
- the second meal? that “salad” is lettuce … with nothing else, not even dressing unless its just olive oil or some milk i guess? gross.
- also thats the price of each serving, not an entire loaf of bread, a bottle of olive oil, etc. that stuff adds up which means you have to have a lot of money at one time to buy it all.
- that meal probably took an hour and a half to make, which is a long fucking time when you work multiple jobs or are caring for a lot of people or dont have help! seriously, if you are a single parent of three who works, is spending an hour and a half every night preparing a meal a likely option?
- same with beans and rice! also, you know whats a fucking bummer? eating beans and rice every night because you are poor. ask any person who has done it and they will tell you (you can start with me).
- there is a “nutrition” argument here that lacks a follow up: poor people are more likely to be doing physical labor and need more than 571 calories per meal.
- you know who is less likely to know how to bake or prepare a chicken? people without access to the internet, or libraries, or who werent taught how to by their parents because their parents worked all the time. access to healthy foods is a classist issue and classism is cyclical, you fucking morons.
- seriously, these sorts of infographics make me want to fucking flip tables. do you know why people don’t eat more fresh fruits and vegetables? because fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive, because they take a long time to prepare, because they dont live near a grocery store that has a decent produce section, because they dont have reliable transportation to get groceries to and from the grocery store, because they dont have the energy to plan all of the shit that is involved in making healthy, intentional, filling, balanced meals. basically: poor people get fucked, and then we get BLAMED for being lazy.
- eating “healthy”, aka access to fresh fruits and vegetables, is a privilege, first, foremost, always. so fuck you new york times and your ignorant goddamn infographic.
- there are SYSTEMATIC REASONS that we do not have equal access to fresh fruits and vegetables. they are very REAL problems. besides, you know, systematic poverty in america, the total mis-distribution of farm subsidies is a perfect place to start. read about that, then either get bent or start working on the actual problem.
DO YOU GUYS HAVE THAT ONE FRIEND THAT DOESN’T THINK SHE’S ANYTHING SPECIAL BUT SHE’S BEAUTIFUL AND FUNNY AND WITTY AND EVERYTHING AMAZING THAT YOU COULD EVER WANT IN A PERSON BUT SHE DOESN’T SEE IT AND YOU JUST WANNA TAKE HER AND SHAKE HER AND SCREAM IN HER FACE ALL OF THE AMAZING THINGS ABOUT HER JUST SO SHE WILL APPRECIATE HOW ABSOLUTELY LOVELY SHE IS
someone could be thinking this about you right now you never know
if i was your boyfriend i would do so much cute stuff. i’d bring you soup when you were feeling sick, i’d rub your tummy when you got cramps, i’d wake you up in the middle of the night dressed as an eagle shouting abstract poetry at my own dick
Lupita Nyong’o wins an Oscar for portraying a real life slave, and the first thing she did was thank Patsy for her inspiration.
Jared Leto wins an Oscar for portraying a trans woman, and doesn’t mention trans women at all.
I think the point makes itself.
He actually did thank the trans community but Tumblr is so desperate to hate him they are spreading false rumours about him being a rapist.
I think that speaks for itself.
you wanna know a really annoying bit of trivia today? torrented copies of age of empires 2 still read off the cd like real ones do. don’t play aoe2 if you have a music cd in the drive. or at least, pick a fitting cd.
Hell yeah going to dinner (which is basically just an excuse to dress up nice)
I haven’t seen this around tumblr just yet, so I wanted to put my own word out about it.
This is a fashion doll created by an illustrator that has been modeled to the standard proportions of the average 19 year old girl. She’s healthy, sporty, wears natural makeup, and GOSH DARNIT LOOK HOW POSABLE SHE’LL BE.
The project is technically fully funded now, but the more support and preorders it gets, the more influential it will be. My mom just got one for the sole purpose of keeping in the box, because best case scenario, these things become the next barbie and they’re worth big bucks later on; worst case scenario, she helped support an artist with a good cause.
Preorders aren’t outrageous at all. $25 for a first-edition doll that will NOT be sold in retail stores. Please spread the word and help get this doll known!